Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Slow Reader?

I sat down at the dining table this morning with my coffee and toast, and did my usual - reading with breakfast. Emily looked up from her fruit loops and started in with, 'Daddy...' I thought I was going to get the 'no reading at the table' lecture. Instead it was just a simple, innocent question: 'How come you still haven't finished that book yet?'

Emily, who devours books, has observed me every day opening this little white book and was probably thinking that I have some reading difficulties. After Pamela stopped laughing, she explained to Emily that the book is 'The Pocket Bible in One Year' and that it's supposed to take a long time.

Well, I guess there's worse things that I could be observed reading, but I'll have to work hard now at convincing our daughter that I'm not that bad of a reader after all!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave C said...

Kids are awesome...our kids just crack us up.

1:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Songs of Renewal

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker
Sally Bloggers
Sally Bloggers
Previous site : Random : Next site : List sites
Powered by PHP-Ring
Click here to join salvationarmy3
Click to join salvationarmy3
BM Counter