Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Dream come true...

Growing up all I ever wanted to do was play football for Rangers. By the time I was ten I pretty much knew that would never happen. Well, today that dream came true, if only in name anyway:

Rangers recruit French youngsters

(From BBC Sports) Rangers have signed up promising French 20-year-olds William Stanger and Antoine Ponroy from Rennes. Midfielder Stanger and defender Ponroy have no first team experience in France but new Ibrox manager Paul Le Guen believes they can blossom in Scotland. "I believe we can improve their level and we will try to help them do that," Le Guen told the club website. "Now they have the chance to develop at Rangers and I'm sure they will progress by working hard every day." Le Guen had a spell at Rennes before moving to Lyon and is currently in Portugal with assistant Yves Colleu watching the Uefa U-21 Championship. The French signings follow the recruitment of South African teenager Dean Furman and experienced Czech midfielder Libor Sionko.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave C said...

Ohhhh nooooo, not the Rangers!!! Go Celtic!! I always play with Celtic on my PS2 FIFA game...I even put myself on the team! Sometimes I even make the Rangers score own goals... :o)

Blessings,
Dave

P.S. Only 10 days till World Cup!!!

11:15 a.m.  
Blogger wcs53 said...

Oh Dave,

Celtic? Are you serious? Oh well, there's no accounting for taste!

Counting the days here as well - go Trinidad and Tobago!

Been watching the Jays against your Red Sox this week? Poor Beckett took a hammering last night, eh?

God bless
William

7:02 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Songs of Renewal

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker
Sally Bloggers
Sally Bloggers
Previous site : Random : Next site : List sites
Powered by PHP-Ring
Click here to join salvationarmy3
Click to join salvationarmy3
BM Counter