Saturday, October 22, 2005

Good Times!

Yesterday, my wife did something really nice for me (not that she doesn't normally do nice things for me). She phoned my best buddy in Scotland without telling me and gave me the phone.

I met David at an SA camp in '76 when we were both 10 years old. We kept in touch over the years and were each others best man when we both got married in 1990.

We spoke for almost an hour on the phone, just catching up and recounting good times from the past - trip to the US in '85, U2 concert in '87 (drove over 400 miles with no clutch on the car so that we wouldn't miss the concert), and various other road trips.

Time really flies when you're having fun, but sometimes it's just great to recall good times. More good times are ahead. Next week I'm off on another road trip to Detroit to see U2 again on the Vertigo Tour. I can't wait...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Songs of Renewal

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker
Sally Bloggers
Sally Bloggers
Previous site : Random : Next site : List sites
Powered by PHP-Ring
Click here to join salvationarmy3
Click to join salvationarmy3
BM Counter