Sunday, April 02, 2006

Surprise, surprise!


I turn 40 on 10 April. I'm not big on parties and surprises, but there are some in our church who are, which is fine.

This Thursday I go away for a few days to Detroit for an 'Acquire the Fire' event at Ford Field. I won't be back until late Sunday, so I figured I'd get away without any surprises at church. Well...surprise, surprise! After the service today I went downstairs to the fellowship hall for my usual post-worship coffee and was greeted by a rousing 'Happy Birthday to You!' I really was not expecting it, but it was fine. There were speeches, cards, a delicious double layered orange/chocolate cake and a Salvation Army teddy bear.

I was going to blame Pamela, but she actually had nothing to do with it. It's nice to be appreciated and loved by those we minister to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Songs of Renewal

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker
Sally Bloggers
Sally Bloggers
Previous site : Random : Next site : List sites
Powered by PHP-Ring
Click here to join salvationarmy3
Click to join salvationarmy3
BM Counter